Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cranberry BBQ Chicken

Sorry all!  I know it has been 2 days since I've posted a recipe, but my kids have been really sick, and my son has been in the hospital.  Thankfully we are home now and on the mend!  This is my favorite recipe I have tried recently, my hubby loved it, so I hope you all enjoy it too!!

Cranberry BBQ Chicken:
6-8 Chicken Breasts/Tenders (unbreaded)
1 can of Cranberry Sauce
1 cup of BBQ Sauce
Celery
French Fried Onions

In a large skillet, heat butter and begin cooking the chicken, to create a nice brown coating on the outside, but not cooking all the way through. Heat oven to 350, and lightly grease a 9x13 pan, placing the chicken in once browned. In the skillet where you just "cooked" the chicken, add chopped celery, the can of Cranberry Sauce (chopped into smaller pieces), and the BBQ Sauce. Once melted and mixed together a little, it will be on the chunky side, pour over the chicken in the pan. Put in the oven for 90 minutes, covering with Aluminum Foil so that the sauce does not burn and the chicken will stay tender and juicy. Crush up the French Fried Onions, and right before serving, sprinkle on top for a tasty crunch on top! So easy, and SOOOO yummy!!
Disclaimer: This smells SOOOO good while cooking in the oven, it is crazy hard to wait those dang 90 minutes till it is done to eat!
I made with steamed, seasoned carrots, and scalloped potatoes - perfection! ♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment